I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I love listening to Morrissey. Curveball there for you.

Pages

Saturday 26 January 2013

Rimmel 3 for 2 haul. I must have APOCALIPS now!

You can't go anywhere these days for talk of Rimmel London's Apocalips. So I broke out the trusty advantage card and succumbed to the hype. I used five hundred and ninety-nine loyalty points on what is heralded as a travesty in the beauty blogosphere: it works as a lipstick as well as a gloss, marvellous!



Here is celestial. Currently there is a 3 for 2 offer on Rimmel in Boots, but isn't there always?. (Buy it here). It has a lovely doe foot applicator where the gloss oozes from a hole in the middle; a liquid lipstick if you so desire.


Now, from previous experience I have learned that a lip liner is required, particularly with a strong shade of lipstick, gloss or lacquer. I pushed out the proverbial boat out and bought a MUA lip liner. I'm still marvelling at the nifty little sharpener built into the lid. It really is a wonderful idea. I bought 
mine in store at Superdrug, so not to worry this isn't a rant about their delivery or the rather abrupt social media faux-pas that happened earlier this week.



Ooooooooh cliffhanger...

 I've left you wondering what else I hauled from the Rimmel counter, never being one to miss a bargain...





The latest sparkle in the nail department. There are three shades available, all with suitably witty colour codes: Hawaiian Punch, Berry Bellini and a fearless bright orange toned glitter called Shirley Temple. 

I opted for Hawaiian Punch, it appears red at first but it really is a bright anodised pink. I can't wait to try it!

The only other item I redeemed in the three for two offer was Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof kohl in smokey violet. I am addicted to these liners, they give a lovely effect with a long lasting hold. I'd recommend them to anyone and everyone!




I'll take my leave but I'd love to know if you haven taken advantage if this offer, what did you get?

Thanks for reading!
 





6 comments:

  1. I have been hearing so much about Apocolips in the past few days, and everything so far as been very positive. And the swatch you had posted was absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to have to give it a try. Lovely review!!

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried out some swatches of Apocolips today and they were super bright! I'm definitely going to pick some up, they make such a statement.

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUA was such a fail this week with their 50% off it was so disheartening.
    you got some great goodies on your little shopping trip

    newest follower :)
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    PS: you have word verification on :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try that shade of Appocalips & MUA liner. Is the lip liner that sparkly on?x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I NEED Apocalips after this post. I too regularly succumb to hype!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the side effect of blogging! Thanks for stoppping by.
      x

      Delete