I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I love listening to Morrissey. Curveball there for you.

Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Sachet Training #3 Doctor Duve Anti-ageing Skin Cream

I sit and I stare at the packaging. Is it 'aging' or 'ageing'? My mind naturally flickers to the latter spelling. By this point I am convinced it is the latter and I head to my friend Google, just to be on the safe side. You can see for yourself the whole debacle here. As I live outside of North America I'll continue using anti-ageing and be done with it.


£129 for 50ml Jar of Clarifying Face Cream
£115 for 30ml Tube of Eye Cream

Doctor Stefan Duve, pronounced exactly like the bedspread, claims this is perfect for priming skin before and after aesthetic surgery. Lovely. Hefty price tag to match, growth factors must be expensive whatever they may be.

I don't know how keen I am on layering acid on to my clear skin, even if it is hyaluronic. An extensive search as to what this meant left me flustered but I think it aids cell reproduction.  The plus side to this cream is the fact that it is totally fragrance and colour free. Still, this type of sample just does not appeal to me.

The eye cream was suitable for my sensitive skin, it eliminated puffiness but my tender skin was left feeling dry and nothing really differentiates it from the face cream.

The same thing in two stingy packages. 

I won't be heading out to buy this. In actual fact I'm quite glad it is such a small sample, I can swiftly move on to the next.

Which spelling do you prefer? Aging just looks wholly strange to me!

Any anti-ageing eye creams you can recommend? Feel free to leave me links below.


1 comment: