I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I love listening to Morrissey. Curveball there for you.

Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

#NOTD Get the Manchester look.

I get that London is in the name of the cosmetics company I am getting at; yes, it is Rimmel London. I think the adverts convey a British look and feel to their marketing. I guess everyone is on the London 2012 bandwagon and playing up to the consumer, but why not just pick any city in our lovely isles. I'm choosing ~Manchester as it is where my beloved Morrissey is from.

Here is a picture, my favourite picture. Just in case you're not too sure who he is.

We could speculate for days as to whether he is sporting a touch of guyliner here, but let me get on with my NOTD post.

I have had my eyes on the Precious Stones collection by Rimmel London. Disappointed as I was to find only a three different shades I opted for Ruby Crush. It lays claim to have high coverage; I usually use a base colour the glitter on top as I find them to be just too darn fine and they need a good few coats to get a full glitter effect. 

 This is not the case with Rimmel's Precious Stone range. NO WAY!

As you can see in the picutre it is not a runny polish. It has the consistency of glitter glue, that way it doesn't streak and run like other polishes.    

The fist coat gave high coverage indeed with the added blessing f a quick drying time.




I was glitterbombed by a Lego artist! This photo was taken after only one coat.

The colour set quickly on my nails, so I wasted no time in getting the second coat over and done with.












 It proved quite an effective look without the high-end price tag. It could certainly be described as festive or seasonal, but it is not Christmas yet (I'm not ready).

I'll let you into a little secret of mine. I had my nails done once at the beauty college. The girl used Nail Life Demon Speed Polish Dryer; I have never looked back.

Sadly, I can only find an american link to buy it. I know that you can go into a Sally's beauty shop; a merchant retailer and buy it just like I did.

The one and only wonder product makes the manicure last so much longer and minimises the drying time to next to nothing. I have also never come across a topcoat so chip proof.



 Glitter bombed!

I'd love to see how other polishes stand up to this bold statement. Leave me links to yours, I'd love to find a pink or purple high coverage glitter polish, or is that just asking too much?

2 comments:

  1. I love Morrissey, my parents are big fans and go to watch him lots! I went with them in the Summer to Manchester :)

    standforstyle22.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God I wish my parents loved Morrissey. They just mock me a lot!

      Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog

      xx

      Delete