I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I love listening to Morrissey. Curveball there for you.

Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Scorpio Rising?

MUA's Nail Constellation - Scorpio


 Nail art is so popular these days. I remember not so long ago begging Sally Hansen via the medium of twitter to release their nail foils in the UK. Now you can even buy them in Primark for under a pound. So like me to be late to the party, I've totally skipped over half moon manicures and am heading to space with MUA's nail constellation.

I have bought the Scorpio colour scheme. (Someone once described me as having a bauble of every cololur on my Christmas Tree.) This seemed to be the most fitting for me. So I sat down to do my manicure, totally wary of the mess it was going to make but also a little excited by the thought of childishly playing with glue and glitter.




Firstly, I went through the usual routine of coating my nails in a strengthening base coat. One painful lesson I learned after an experience with stained nails and bleach is to  ALWAYS USE A BASE. I painted my nails with a generic pinky-purple colour first because I am always destined to miss a spot. Shaking the little pot felt a bit like shaking a full and stuck ketchup bottle. I mean you really have to do it with quite some force.

I was expecting the tiny little balls (which you are essentially gluing to your nails) to go everywhere. It was a stroke of genius to do to it in the lego box lid that my 'bling pallette' is kept in. Although next time I think I shall line it with a piece of card for even easier use.

Once I'd got the hang of squeezing the mini-blings on to the nail I had obviously spilled a load too. So I dipped my nails into the pool of glittery balls. Initially I was thinking of doing only one finger on each hand but I got carried away with the play.



Now I am not the greatest nail artist, but it was a relatively easy and fun way of making my nails blingin' bruv. The purple, gold, lilac and green baubles are supposed to resemble a 'constellation of stars' and it pretty much does. Every shake produces a unique pattern on the nails. Then you press them into the layer of tacky nail polish, not forgetting to set with lashings of clear top coat. I'm not even going to give thought to the ordeal that getting them off will be.

This product is alarmingly cheap, so I'll perfect the shiny mini blings look by the Strictly Final! You can buy this product from superdrug at a verrrrry reasonable three pounds.

I'm so tempted to go back in and take advantage of Superdrug's wonderful 3 for 2 cosmetics offer and try some more MUA polishes. 

On the plus side I feel like my nails wouldn't go amiss on the Strictly Come Dancing dancefloor. My nails are extremely blingy without lots of mess. Add to the bling with an item from my wishlist! My ultimate phone case.. Oooooh magpie, MAGPIE!


Stop me, oh, stop me....................







4 comments:

  1. oh I love the look of that nail varnish but i've always wondered how easy it would be to apply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is not half as bad as I thought and twice as effective!

      Delete
  2. The MUA Ciate caviar nail polish dupe look great (but messy) :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is lovely. It became so annoying after a few days. Next time I am just doing the accent nails.

      Delete