I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I love listening to Morrissey. Curveball there for you.

Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

Thursday Tresses: REDKEN Smooth Lock Shampoo & Conditioner

Having a vibrant hair colour is hard to maintain. I'm caught in a trap. Red looks good. Being naturally fair is the bane of my life. My hair goes blonde.
 I am also burdened with really dry and fragile hair with a tendency to tangle. It will tangle in the wind. I am always seeking that imaginary rescuing elixir that will boost or clarify my hair. Or a magical brush! I must admit my trusty Kent brush does work wonders but it needs a little encouragement with a good shampoo.

To no great surprise my hair falls victim to product overkill. I have a mountain of 'build-up' or product pinning my fine hair down.  So I have been using sachets of hair goodies to tame my shampoo/conditioner extravagance.

One such sachet I've had the opportunity to try is Redken's Smooth Lock Thermal Care for dry/unruly hair. It has some silly science on the front 'Interlock Protein Network'.I mean seriously, that means absolutely nothing, nada, nil. (There is some serious creative writing gone into thinking up ridiculous names for an imaginary elixir. Here is my window).

Less conditioner is more. Who knew?

 I managed to get two fully lathered washes from the shampoo and one us from the conditioner. I'm not fond of heavily scented shampoos they rather focus on the scent rather than the actual washing of the hair. Not in this case. The conditioner detangled my hair and made it a whole lot stronger after the first and only use. A little bit went a long way. Thick foam that saturated the hair and revived it. Whatever the interlock protein network actually does who knows? My hair did feel silky and free of build up albeit heavily scented.

I've found it online for &9.95 shampoo & £10.90 for the conditioner. Perhaps I need to get my measuring cups from the kitchen and keep them in the bathroom.

Here's my 'science' bit: 
10ml = 5ml per wash = WIN!

Tempted to try a full size, but pace myself on the use. The sachets have trained me well. What products do you use? Have you tried this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment